Outlines below are the requirements for 2017 Jamb Registration.
- Each candidate must have personal e-mail address and mobile phone number.
- Each candidate is to use his/her functional and valid personal e-mail address. The system would reject at the point of registration any already used e-mail address.
- Each candidate must personally create a JAMB profile on the JAMB portal through JAMB Mobile App available on Android, Windows and iOS platforms OR on the JAMB portal: www.jamb.org.ng. Name. date of birth, personal e-mail address and place of origin are required to create the profile.
- Payment for JAMB’s E-PIN-registration and the recommended reading text is done at the banks and NIPOST. Banks have also agreed to make these services available at CBT centres and JAMB State Offices.
- Each Candidate should visit any accredited CBT centre (the list of accredited CBT centres are on our website i.e. www.jamb.gov.ng) with his/her personal details, the profile and evidence of payment.
- The CBT centre or JAMB State Office, supplies, at no extra cost, the prescribed reading text and the CD containing:
- e-brochure showing guidelines on admission detailing list of tertiary institutions and available programmes of study.
- Syllabus (e-syllabus) forthe examination.
- Step by step guide on completing the application form.
- A video messages from the Registrar of JAMB and a demo on how to use eight (8) keys for UTME examination without mouse.(For candidates with little familiarity with Computers)
- Each Candidate is to complete the online application form by supplying the required details such as name, e-mail address, L.G.A., academic qualifications, etc.
- At the CBT centre, Candidate’s ten fingers biometric and image will be captured and uploaded.
- O/L and/or A/L grades are to be provided by candidates. Candidates who are awaiting result should suppIv the result online as soon as the results are available on JAMB’S Portal. No recommendations from anv Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not supplied his/her O/L result on the Portal of JAMB.
- Each Candidate is to collect his e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration.
- There will be no offline registration, as all the accredited CBT centres have been empowered for real life online registration. No candidate should register at any centre other than the accredited CBT centre and JAMB State office. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centres will be identified and disqualified.
Candidates should note that e-PINS being purchased are tied to individual proﬁle and are not transferable.
Candidates are advised to keep as conﬁdential their security details such as registration numbers, password/numbers of ATM Cards, e-mail addresses and E-Pins.
As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
2017 JAMB UTME Date and Venue.
- The 2017 CBT will commence on 6th May to 20th May, 2017 (excluding May 12, 2017 because of Candidates sitting for WAEC’s Further Maths Exam).
- The venue of the examination will be at the candidates’ chosen town during on-line registration.
JAMB General Entry Requirements.The general entry requirements for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (NID) and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes in Universities, other Degree-Awarding Institutions, Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Innovation Enterprise Institutes and Colleges of Education are available in the e- Brochure which would be given to each Candidate at the accredited CBT centres and JAMB state offices.
- The registration fee, once paid is non-refundable.
- Registration for the Uniﬁed Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is available at the CBT centres and JAMB Oﬃces The accredited centres have been empowered to assist in this regard.
- As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
- All CBT centres have been mandated to select any of the participating These banks are to be presentin their premises for the purposes of collecting all fees. No centre-staﬀ is allowed to conduct cash transaction with the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to read and understand the guidelines on admission and instructions on how to complete the online registration before commencing the process of registration.
- Multiple registrations are not Candidates who register more than once will be identiﬁed and disqualiﬁed.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image or photograph will be embossed on their result slips and admission
- Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study or method of testing, they will also be tested on a general text: “In Dependence” by Sarah Ladipo Manyika for UTME and “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by H. Mohammed for Direct Entry Candidates.
- Candidates are warned that the Board has not authorised or solicited the services of ANY establishment/group or individual other than the accredited CBT centres for this registration exercise.