This is to inform all the candidates that attempted the
2017 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) via CBT mode of testing that that they can now do their change of course or institution.
See also: How to Check 2017 JAMB UTME Result.
Important to Note is that the 2016 JAMB change of course/institution can only be effected by JAMB Authorised registration centres alone. Meaning, it can’t be done by cybercafes or business centers or individuals not certified by JAMB. Better still, go back to where you registered for the jamb and effect the change.
How to Apply for JAMB Change of Institution and Course.To apply for the change of Course, you need to go to commercial banks or JAMB Offices to get the change of course/institution scratch card which goes for N2,500 (two thousand five hundred naira only)
Steps to change Institution on Jamb
- You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
- Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
- Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar or on the Home page
- Once selected, the menu item “Course/Institution” will be revealed. Click this.
- Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
- On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Year of Exam and
- JAMB Registration Number
- After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.
- Click Submit to complete your application.
- JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
There are many other information that you can change on Jamb Platform. Below are the data's that can be changed and the link to change them
Change of Sex/Gender:Candidates can request for change of Gender. Supporting documents may be required. An indemnity form will be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted at Candidates Institution for Approval.
Change of Name:This allows candidates to apply for correction of names where there are spelling errors or error in arrangement e.g. Surname, Firstname or Lastname.
Change of State/L.G.ACandidates can apply for correction of State/Local Government. Supporting documents will be required. An indemnity form will be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted at Candidates Institution for Approval.
- Change of Date of Birth:
Candidates can apply for correction of Date of birth. Supporting documents will be required. An indemnity form will be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted at Candidates Institution for Approval along with supporting documents.